The 2013 Southeast Regional Meeting of the Evangelical Missiological Society will take place March 8-9, 2013 at Columbia International University in Columbia, SC. This year's theme is "The Missionary Family: Witness, Concerns, Care."
To propose a paper, submit a title, 200 word abstract, and brief description of yourself to Ed Smither firstname.lastname@example.org before January 15, 2013. If selected, papers ought to be about 4500-7000 words in length. At the broadest level, categories related to missionary families and member care include, but are not limited to, such things as:
• Nurturing spiritually and emotionally healthy missionary families
• The missionary family as model and witness
• Marriage and gender: husband/wife relations, parenting, discipline
• Educating missionary kids: home school, boarding school, public school
• MKs as third culture kids and the development of identity
• Stressors for missionary families; long-distance parenting; intercontinental marriages
• Missionary responsibilities toward aging parents
• Preparing mission families for transitions, re-entry, relocation, retirement
• Financial realities of missionary families: salary, health insurance, pension, vacations, college.
For full details on the call for papers check HERE.
To join or renew your EMS membership check HERE.